It is a non compete which is almost impossible to get a lawyer to take you to
court for. If you live in a right to work state, which I do I have seen this
tried and the court through it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hallenger <vadr...@yahoo.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Aug 1, 2013 3:08 pm
Subject: Recruiters Odd NDA

**

I've been goig back and fourth with a recruiter on a position that is totally
remote. Mind you I have no hire letter, and have had no interview thus far, and
this all started today. I dont know this guy from adam. Below is what he sends
me in his NDA doc. Sorry but I refused to sign his doc which he tried to
pressure me into signing like a car salesman or something. Did I over react?

1. During the period when Name_Less, Inc. (the “Company”) is marketing your
skills and for
a period of 3 months thereafter, you shall not directly or indirectly solicit
the business of (or
otherwise deal in a manner adverse to the Company with) or provide any software
engineering, consulting or programming services to any customer or prospective
customer of
the Company where you are introduced by the Company. Furthermore, during the
course of
Evaluatory interviews and other meetings that the Company organizes between you
and its
customers or prospective customers, you agree that you will not offer your
services directly or
indirectly to (or otherwise deal in a manner adverse to the Company with) the
Customers or
prospective customers of the Company.

2. In the event that you breach the provisions of this Agreement, you agree to
pay the
Company as liquidated damages and not as a penalty a further sum of US Dollars
Ten
Thousand. You acknowledge that liquidated damages in such amount is reasonable
under
the circumstances in light of the fact that significant damages and expenses
will be suffered or
incurred by the Company