From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Longwing, Lj
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Has anyone installed 8.1.00.001 yet (8.1 patch 1)?

**
Thad,
After an extensive call with support (still ongoing in one environment), it
picks the installed components automatically out of any xml files it
encounters...but the problem is that it may pick the 'wrong' file....so, my
recommendation for you would be to find all of the *InstalledConfiguration.xml
files and rename those that you don't want the patch installer touching...and
go through the ones you leave in place and make sure that everything is working
'as designed' in that file before trying the install again.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Thad Esser