Hi Patrick,

I am not actually directly calling any assp functions. I use rttov.get_assp as
shown below to get what I need and send the new grids for f, T, and dveq along
with the habit ID (I have been playing with allow_extrap to just allow to fill
the gap for now but I know it may not be a good idea to extrapolate). The
interpolations inside rttov.py are done in the order that Patrick mentioned. I
didn’t try to call individual functions for interpolation but in my code, I am
using the same interpolation technique (PchipInterpolator) and of course as
long as the variables have the correct size then it works just fine.

    S,M,mD = rttov.get_assp(habID, orient, size_type='dveq',
                            size_grid = dveq_mw, s_allow_extrap=True,
                            t_grid=tgrid, t_allow_extrap=True,
                            f_grid=fgrid, f_allow_extrap=True)

Best,
Isaac