If anything, the thing that bugs me about our ultra connected society is that
it seems to
shorten peoples attention spans. I don't think people savor the moments of
their lives the
same way anymore.
I know it's one of my pet peeves, but i'm really turned off by the way I see
kids clutching
their cell phones like it's a fashion accessory.
Personally, I like some down time from connectivity, and some privacy.
Of course, and not to sound like a hypocrite, but I actually work in the
internet biz, doing
websites for the medical industry.
I definitely agree with your comments about parents guiding their kids in the
right
direction.
I think I would've made a good parent.
Maybe it's not too late.
Jack
--- In [email protected], "dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > What you mentioned about kids...I hate that.
> > Does anybody remember laughter? (bad led zep quote)
> > I think that kids today, unfortunately don't know what they are
> missing.
> > It's all about cell phones, and the internet, and being hip.
> > Crap, that makes me sound old.
>
> We are old. Our parents said the same thing. People never really
> change. The essentials are still there, just the methods change. I
> don;t fear that technology is creating an isolated society. It's
> not. I'm sitting here in Manhattan talking to you guys on the shore.
> You could be in Siberia. Kids will always be kids. It's the parents'
> job to keep them on the right path until young adulthood. You can't
> look over their shoulder constantly. They need freedom. If you put
> the right things in early on more often than not the right things
> will come out later.
>
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/