Hum, I accept the desire while not understanding it. You could try:

L Rx,DOUBLEWORD
SLLG Rx,Rx,32 MOVE TO HIGH WORD, CC NOT DISTURBED
L Rx,DOUBLEWORD+4

I can't find a single instruction alternative. What is wrong with the 20
bit displacement instructions? Just curious.

--
The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled
culinary vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown