On Saturday, January 24, 2015 09:08:11 AM Thomas Eckardt wrote:

> First check your system design.
> - at least 4 CPU cores
> - at least (absolute minimum) 2GB RAM on 32Bit Perl / 4GB on 64Bit Perl
>
> - install and configure ClamAV and/or if you want another Virus-scanner

ClamAV could be why you think ASSP requires so much memory and CPU. Given I
saw ClamAV using excessive memory long before I switched to ASSP. I even saw it
continue to waste resources with ASSP. I can't recall when I stopped using
ClamAV. It
might be mentioned in this list archive some where...

http://sourceforge.net/p/assp/mailman/message/10583796/

I have been around for some time, I am might not be 100% familiar with ASSP V2,
but
I am QUITE familiar with ASSP for a long time now...

Just Google clamav memory usage, and you will see right there. Putting requires
on
ASSP because of software your recommending to run with ASSP. Though others in
the
past ran other virus software not clamav. None the less I stopped using ClamAV
long
ago, and haven't seen a need.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Obsidian-Studios, Inc.

protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.