On 3/7/2024 7:29 AM, Marc Gonzalez wrote:
> Have you heard back from the dev team?
>
> Do they confirm that an issue involving missing MSA_READY notifications
> was ever noticed?
>
> What devices were affected? (All msm8998? A subset of msm8998?)
>
> Was the issue eventually fixed?
> (Probably fixed, otherwise newer devices would be affected)

The feedback I received was "it might be ok to change all ath10k qmi to
skip waiting for msa_ready", and it was pointed out that ath11k (and
ath12k) do not wait for it.

However with so many deployed devices, "might be ok" isn't a strong
argument for changing the default behavior.

So my preference would be to use the firmware capability in the board
file that Kalle has recommended.

/jeff