On 3/8/06, James Yenne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My counterpoint is that this is non-standard approach because the xml-stylesheet directive is a standard XML directive, and IE7 (the reader, not the browser) is essentially saying that RSS/Atom are not first of all XML and should be handled in some proprietary way through IE's display/navigation layer.

I'm going to have to side with Microsoft on this one.  When you provide information in an XML format, you're providing information, not a web page.  You may desire to have it rendered a certain way when it's rendered by a web browser, but the consumers of your data can do whatever the heck they want with it.  The use of xml-stylesheet is not actually part of the proper XML standard and there is no requirement that any implementation honor it.  It's merely a suggestion.

David