* James Yenne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-03-09 20:55]:
>The only practice I'm advocating is that if I want my feed to be
>formatted in the browser as I have declared using
>xml-stylesheet, it should be allowed.

That means your feed will have to be missing UI features that
other feeds have. I hope I don’t need to explain why that is a
bad idea for a user interface.

Maybe there could be a button “View with publisher look” when the
feed provides styling information, but it should definitely not
be the default.

>If I don't have one, and 90% don't, then by all means, use the
>Microsoft IE7 stylesheet. I want to present to the user, for
>example, the tie dye background (not the blue to grey gradient)
>and I think it maybe reflects my site better, and will result in
>a subscribe click.

Or they will be irritated because it’s different and the usual
sorting controls and navigation are missing?