Re: requesting ideas for a new game by UltraSound

The only major problem I'm seeing is that you have listed everything you're bad at without listing anything you are good at. What are some things you are good at? In audio games, the most important bases to cover are game designer, programmer, sound designer, and story writer if there is one. You've ruled out sound design and story writing, so what's left? You may want to read some books on the subject of game design, and if you are up to it, read some on game programming also. Designing a game isn't just about writing the user manual; you have to implement the core mechanics so that they are balanced and offer a fun play experience. Audio games lack a lot of the performance and efficiency trim that mainstream games have just because the developers are lazy. I mean there are a lot of things like double buffers, frame clocks, better i/o handling and other things that can make the game seem to run smoother but are a bit more difficult to code. In fact I have n't coded a frame clock into my own game, out of sheer laziness, and I've been called out on it and probably should do so.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector