Re: requesting ideas for a new game by UltraSound

You say you want to  be productive, and to make something that people will thank you for. I.E., you are desperately trying to feel needed. The world needs you, for sure. Have you tried volunteer work? Being blind, that's a bit harder to find, but you can still do stuff, like tutoring younger kids with school work or helping older ones use the computer or preparing food at the local soup kitchen or doing things, like not eating for 30 hours, to raise money for kids who are starving for real in third-world countries. Those students, old people, and starving people need you far more than we do.
But if you want to make games, you have to get out of the depression first. Otherwise, you will most likely develop a bad game, or give it up when you burn out. That'll make you sad even more, as you very well know after not releasing like, 4 games. Don't you feel like that work was mostly wasted now? Yep. And even if you manage to see the project to completion, people will play it, they might say it's great, or they might hate it. Someone's going to hate it, even if everyone else thinks it's great, and they'll tell you, and they very well might not be nice about it, and unless you have a thick skin toned by years of experience developing already, you're going to feel sad. You don't have years of experience and you're weaker than average because of your depression, so you aren't going to survive that.
Thinking that the depression  will only lessen a little bit? That is definitely not going to help you get out of your depression. I'm sorry if I made you cry, but you're life is going to be miserable if you just keep that up. Do you even know why you are depressed in the first place? You have to figure that out first. Stop weeping and start thinking, because otherwise you're going to weep till your body runs dry, and then you'll just be an empty shell. I'm not even joking. I believe that everyone's life has some sort of purpose, and I'm pretty sure that no one's life purpose was to sit around weeping and being miserable. Go to the psychiatrist and cry there, at least, so that someone can at least began to analyze what's up. But don't just sit around by yourself and cry because that's definitely not going to help.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector