Re: Digital recorders: Any recommendations?

@Simba, thanks for the suggestion. I did look it up, but the overall consensus I've read is that while it gets good sound for the average listener, the LS14 really is not really designed for professional-sounding music recordings.

@Raygrote, thank you so much for that very informative post! I also looked up the LS100, but as with the LS14, the general feeling is one of just ok more than anything else. Now, regarding the Zoom H5... I would totally get it, but here's the thing... IF the built-in mics do better with louder sounds, than it's really not worth getting that, plus mics designed for quieter sounds. I just don't have that much money. IT really is a shame too, because in general I've heard a lot of good things about the H5.
On the other hand, the Zoom H4N pro has actually been updated this year, and all the recordings I've heard of one, including some Baroque chamber music, sound quite good indeed. So, methinks that I'll most lik ely end up getting that one. Unless, has anyone used any of the Tascam recorders? I've heard high praises for those as well, but only from sighted users...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector