Re: OT: Labeling Millions of People

Learned Helplessness.
From what I've heard, If a candidate receives polls at >=5% (I don't remember if this is state or national), they get invited to the public debates. So Ralph Nater and Ross Perot and Pat Bucannon all got attention back in the 1990s / 2000s, but third party candidates just kinda disappeared by 2008, and now we just kinda hear Libertarians insisting people should try to get Gary Johnson into the debates, and Greens insisting that people should get Jill Stein into the debates, and everyone else insisting that this would be throwing away a vote that they probably don't believe matters anyway.

I'd sum it up as: If you're in a swing state, vote against whoever you like the least. Otherwise, vote for your favorite candidate (even if you have to do a write-in). I think some enterprising sneaks are suggesting some sort of online coordination thing so that people who are in a position where they can't afford to vote their con science can trade votes with someone in a state where it's safe to do so, but that sounds kinda... ... well, you know.