Re: water to the thursty, recommend some ebooks, please.

Ahoy all

I have just started with the uplift war and the concepts indeed seem to be unique and very interesting. to say that I have started is more akin to I have just read the first chapter or so, and I already know I'll like this book,for sure.

I couldn't have expressed it better about cronin and so many of my favorite authors better than dark did.

how hard it is for
authors to write someone who is just a good person, not a cardboard cutout hero

add in any other stereotype in  heros place and you have the perfect mold for almost 90% of the books characters out there.
If they are evil, they are truly evil, if they are good, why you'd be hard put to find a saint better than them.
The kind of characters I like aren't just one of those types but are a blend of everything.
Even the most worse person will have 1 or 2 redeeming qualities and the same applies for the good ones out there.
That is Imo, what makes a interesting character and someome you remember even after the book is done with.
Colleen McCullough is another that's particularly good at creating these types of characters.

Even though I don't usually mind superhero books, wait I'm not sure if I do as the only! book or fictional work I have read in that genre would be the worm web serial, so I couldn't really say,but yes I haven't really enjoyed much of the urban fanticy or Young Adult books that I have read.
sparrow hill road sounds waguely interesting but alas I wasn't really able to find the author when I searched for her on the place I get all my books from so I guess her books aren't available.
Speaking of which, I wasn't able to find Dragon's milk either, so I guess I'll go and have a look on other places for those.
I suppose  I Could have  asked dumbledore if it was dragon's blood I was looking for big_smile but alas

roy dotrice  does improve in the later books, but in the first book and the second in the GOT series he was so bad that I simply couldn't stand him.
He does have the perfect voice for the story like GOT, and the manner in which he delivers the characters dialogues is good too,but its just his inability to switch from a characters voice to the reading voice when reading words that aren't in a dialogue I find truly disappointing and frustrating.

Hehehe, I like these type of threds just because they end up providing me with loads of new things to read besides its always interesting to read about the views or reviews of a book by different people.

Oh and dark, The Art of Racing in the Rain is by Garth Stein, written from a dogs point of view who thinks he will be born as a human if he is prepared for it.
W hile this description may put some people off the book, the book doesn't go into it "To" deeply or at least not all the time. plus the way the author  writes is too good imo.

And at dark again, I wasn't refering to the warlord series taking a slump but the sharpe series in my previous post smile
I also did feel that the new woman with each new book and a bit of the character of sharpe as we had come to see changed in the books that were published after the tv/show/ movie.
Although ironically the TV show on the history channel in india was where I was introduced to Richard sharpe and liked the show enough to go looking for books years later when I realised that there were books out there, which I could access using computers and the internet.

grryf