Re: TBD

Ta, Aprone. I changed the title and text. For those unaware, it promised that Mason had liberated the code. I mistook his allowing DM for all of UltraPower. I think this is reasonable, if you consider that DM is just one such UltraPower derivative, albeit rather better than most.

But now for the real questions. Mason, if you aren't opening it up, what exactly are you proposing? If we were to allow DM, how is it different from allowing any game? And how will we know which of the games to allow, and which not? And if all it takes to get access to your code is to raise an embarrassing stench on this board, how is it good for the forum, and what kind of a message are we sending that code stealing is OK, you'll get your way eventually, just shout very loudly on a public topic?

I want to respect your wishes, I really do. And to others who have observed, you're quite right it's a bloody difficult and annoying thing to have to do, and we do it because we� 39;re principled and give a damn and we don't want to see bad behaviour rewarded. But sooner or later there must come some definite end to this drama. Sooner or later, we will either absolve ourselves, by absolute necessity, of all responsibility of this kind, or simply forbid anything. We'll probably have to write a rule, to the effect of "no theft", regardless, and that's just what every new developer wants to read when writing a new game, I'm sure you'll agree.

Come on Mason, please decide, once and for all. If you want it to disappear, no problem. If you want to give it away and end all the doubt, that's cool too. Whatever you decide, we will respect your wishes, but we will have to make it policy and there can't be any turning back. Thank you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector