Re: TBD

Tabutcu I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to say.  If you would, please rephrase your message so I can hopefully understand it better.

Mason and Sam, if the Ultra power code contained work from 3 developers (you both and NS), and I can assume that none of you wanted the code to make its way into the hands of so many people, then I agree you should all have a say in this manner.  I would like to hear what you have to say.

When it comes to the initial misunderstanding on this thread, it sounds like the only question was whether or not Mason would allow the recent Desafio Mortal game to use the "stolen" source code.  By choosing to give permission for that game to use the code, it would allow that game to once again be discussed and supported here on the message board without any forum rules being violated.

Now that the misunderstanding has been pointed out, I can't help but think even the decision to help the Des afio Mortal team, was not something you intended to do.  Reading that giving such permission may involve 2 other developers besides yourself further complicates things, even if you are ready to grant Desafio permission to use that code.

The way I see it, nothing said here will change this forum's rules regarding the use of stolen code (code used without the original developer's permission).  Even if Mason, Sam, and NS were to all grant total permission to use anything they've ever written, it would not affect the forum's rules.  After all, at the moment we are focusing on an incident involving Ultra power code, but next week we may be faced with an entirely different developer's code being misused.

If Mason, Sam, NS, or anyone else involved in the creation of the Ultra power code, choose to give official permission to the Desafio team to use that code, I have to wonder what exactly that would accomplish.  The moderator team� 39;s job will not have changed, it will only mean there is 1 less game we have to "keep off" the forum.  The work of investigating the Desafio game has already been done, so making an exception for this 1 game is not going to save us from anything.  Now of course I'm not trying to convince you to NOT help out the Desafio team, but I have the feeling that you may only be considering it as some way to make life easier on the moderation team.  If that was in fact your motivation, then please rethink your plan because it would not.

Regardless of what you decide, the moderators will still have the same rule against people using code without permission.  Regardless of what you decide, the laborious work of investigating Desafio Mortal was already done.  The only thing you may choose to change here, is to allow the Desafio team to bring their game back to this forum without first removing (or crediting you for) the original Ultra power source c ode.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector