Re: Echo Quadrant

freeman69 wrote:

Hi Draco,

20 cargo ships, that was a lot to lose. Just between you and me, keep colony ships separate from your trading fleets. But they may need protection as I had one of mine boarded by aliens.
The model for colony growth is a bit complex, but kick starting one with additional materials ie disassembled ships, isn't necessarily a good thing.
If you can find a planet with some form of life then the growth rate is faster. Plus bigger planets allow a slightly bigger maximum population. The tax rate that a population is comfortable with, is random, covering a 10 percent spread. Avoid planets with lots of bad natural activity, but I think you know that.
If you can get to a point with enough credits to buy a Mayflower ship, or twnty cargo ships, then you're already past the difficult bit. Probably. As long as you have enough in reserve to cover damage then let your ships run on automatic.

Your reputation affects the frequency of encounters and the magnitude of the force you'll face, but this is a statistical average and individual encounters will vary.

I was always going to have an option for the player to pirate other factions, but it got put to one side to ensure the game was completed. Plus, I wasn't sure exactly how to incorporate it into the game. I felt that the fact you can occasionally board enemy vessels was a resonable balance. Or maybe I'm just trying to annoy you enough to get you to buy a dreadnought and destroy the odd planet.

At the moment I'm looking at an idea for a damaged Borg cube to make its way home across a vast, unknown territory, like Voyager or Battlestar Gallactica in reverse. We are the Borg...

Destroy a planet...?

I am so, so in for that one! I just don't get the contract generation, in all my playing it seeems the goodwill stuff is next to useless, and the standard co ntracts never seem to be worth it so I HAVE to go nefarious to make ends meet, which leads to stronger enemies which leads to a quick game over.

I got the 25k by just doing 1-3k nefarious runs as the most I ever saw from a standard contract was...300 credits yet nefarious went all the way up to 3.5k, which seems a bit off to my way of thinking. Then again, currently got two colonies with 5 corvettes guarding them and another 4 and a pair of dreadnaughts guarding my 100 (Yes, a hundred, ha!) trading fleets. Then there's my lonely little scout ship and dreadnaughts guarding my mining fleet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector