describe where your from

Okay, I recall we once had a topic like this a while ago but goodness knows where it is, and since we have goodness  how many members now it might be fun to have another one.

So where in the world are people from? Feel free to give as much info as you want, though at least knowing the country might be nice.

I will go first.

I put my location as "the ivory tower" reflecting my generally academic status, and the fact that I love the one in never ending story. However I am actually living with Mrs. Dark in my flat in Durham in the north of England, this is a small, old  city with a 12th century cathedral, many stwisting cobbled streets and old  buildings on the river Tine where it is continually damp, rainy and rather cold, (well we are close to the Scottish boarder). The most famous thing of course is Durham university,which has buildings all round the city including the philosophy department which is where I tend to go.

The center i s unfortunately  rather built up and fairly busy, though it isn't a huge  place like London or Bermingham since I do not like big cities.

Shortly of course (as in in probably a month or so), Mrs. Dark and I are moving to Newark. This is a small market town in Nottinghamshire about 45 minutes from the city of Nottingham where my parents live (and where I certainly would not! consider living).
the place where we will be living is opposite Newark castle which will be cool, just close to the river, but also within walking distance of shops and the train station.

so how about everyone else?

Btw, no need to describe your town if you don't want to, and of course do not mention your address, it's just  with some topics recently about different countries I thought it might be nice to get a brief idea of where people are especially because audiogames.net is a nicely multicultural forum, also I admit I do get a bit bemused when people sa y things like "I live in the west" and my first thought is "the west of where?" Since manifestly everybody does not live in the same country big_smile.