Re: describe where your from

Dark wrote:

...and of course do not mention your address

Dark, depending on the descriptions given, an address isn't even needed right?  ROFL!  (Just remembering the last topic like this from years ago)

I live in a city called Redford, in Michigan (USA).  A very busy 9 lane road, with no pedestrian crosswalk, separates us from being in Detroit.  Just like a river can serve as a boundary in nature, keeping predators and prey in close proximity without them actually interacting, this road keeps us extremely close to the conditions of Detroit while we remain relatively safe.  By safe I am referring to crime rates and streets that look like we're post war under foreign occupation.  It sounds a little over dramatic, but on my side is a pretty nice neighborhood and on the other 1 in 5 houses has rotted enough to cave in in places or fall over, there are mounds of trash in the yards, and if you walked there even in the day you run a real risk of being mugged at gun point.

My neighborhood is not bad at all.  I have no reservations walking around even at night.  People on the Detroit side rarely risk death trying to cross that road, and if they're willing to drive out looking to cause trouble, they travel further than the other side of a single street.  We're in a nice position, in a crazy sort of way.

With Detroit to the east, everything we do is either directly west.  While not really the sort of distance I'd want to walk, 3 or 4 miles west of us has 2 nice shopping centers with all the stores we ever need.  There's a little bit of everything, and the 2 shopping centers are almost competing with each other by bringing in nicer and nicer things over the past few years.

The hub where my wife and I work is right next to one of those shopping centers, so we don't have to drive far each d ay.  It saves a ton on gas and time, because we rarely spend more than 7 or 8 minutes driving to get to work or to go shopping.