Re: describe where your from

I live in England, down in the southeast on a small Island called the Isle of Wight.
It can be interesting because as it's an Island, you have to get to the mainland by boat and the boat has quite a lot of movements when on board.
I find the Island to be a peaceful place, although lately some of the more fun stuff like some of the arcades are closing. There was one with so many retro games in, and we were going to take a visiting friend there and then we found out it was closed. It had stuff like an old outrun machine, a metal slug cabinet, even a final fight and space invaders machine! But that's gone now, it seems.
I think we have maybe four or five arcades remaining. The best is Sandown Pier which seems to get updated stuff every year.
The others are just ok, but with a lot of those ticket machines.
Also where I live, everyone looks out for each other and is friendly. The Island also has two cinemas, the best being cineworld because it's got audio description.
There are also quite a few country walks, we have some roman villars, Osborne House which used to be Queen Victoria's home, Carosbrook Castle although I don't know much about that place at the moment.
The Island is also very famous for it's jurassic coast, as there are tons of fossils and dinosaurs did used to walk here. We have our own dinosaur museum, and for a while there was an augmented reality app with metiorites that you could point at, and dinosaurs would walk and sometimes fly by you and make sounds, and you could get a photo. The best one was my DAd getting me in such a position that it looked like the dinosaur was standing on my head!
So, that's the Isle of Wight for you. A peaceful place, with a lot of walks, we also have towns and shops, and a jurasssic coast and some famous landmarks.