Re: describe where your from

It says from space below my username because I love the idea of space, its vastness, and utter beauty. OK, how can a mostly empty void be beautiful, well I believe that the universe is made up of energy, all the stars and all the planets and moons are energy that everything comes from, and eventually, in some form or another returns to. I would jump at the chance to go into space, but I don't think I will have that opportunity because I couldn't afford it, even if they started up space tourism. I don't believe in an intelligent god, some supreme being that rules over us, we're part of that beings dominion. I reject religion because of its tendency to not only breed ignorance and close-mindedness, but also extremism, and ultimately violence.

Instead, I believe the higher power is the entirety of the substance of our universe or multiverse. I feel such a longing to be there, to float in space and be part of that energy that makes up who and what we all are. Not only that, but it interests me from a scientific perspective as well. Some days I feel like I'm being called, and I want to go so badly that I feel bound to this place, and I have to wait. I do love living, and hope I live a long life, but at the other end, in some aspects, I can't wait to die because I'll be in that place, part of it again in a noncorporial form, but I'll understand things I could never hope to in this life. I believe there are civilizations out there, not only that, but I believe we'll meet our lost loved ones and our ancestors out there as well, so its a journey I can't wait to undertake.

Now, as to my town, I live in PA, in York county in the city of York. We're below Harrisburgh and not far from the Maryland line, the mason dixon line. I live on the west end of town now, which used to be a lot quieter when i was growing up, but is now filling out. Parts of it are sort of bad, drugs flow through the city of York in a major way, but when I was living out on the east end, I didn't really notice it. I'm on the corner, and there's a turkey hill 3 blocks away. I don't know if other states have turkey hill, I know they don't have Rudder's, that's a PA only deal there. Every once in a while, I'll hear gunshots. One time somebody got arrested right out front as I was getting ready for bed around 12:30. I think they were driving drunk or something because a car stopped, a cop pulled up behind him, and from the way the cop acted, it sounded like the guy was doing something fishy, like reaching or trying to reach into a pocket, maybe to pull a gun, I think that's what the cop thought, because was screaming at the guy to get his hands up and stuff, well he put the dude in his car and took off.