Re: describe where your from

[[wow]] oh man guys so many descriptions.
A couple you live in post apocoliptic places with dynosaws and bugs from starship troopers!
Well my country is not much to speak of.
I also don't have this huge speel on  its history, I mean I could but to be honest I am not bothered to much.
So history, our country was descovered by captain cook in the 1700s or was it 1600s I forgot.
There is a lot of history with the maori and various subtribe about this.
There is ofcause the waitangi treaty in 1840, which lead to a lot of land confescations and the like and which we are slowly handing back.
At this point to any maori or other on here, if you are offended by the next bit I think you better stop reading or skip the bit when it comes up because its going to come up right now.
Sadly and this is my opinion, while there are some good maoris about and I know a lot of them a few are my friends,  I do have an issue with some of them.
I live in a country called new zealand which is in the paciffic island group, our closest naibouring countries are antartica and the south pole and australia.
There are a lot of other islands.
The 2 main islands are north and south island and while there is a maori legend about the north and the south in fact there is a lot of stories but I foget the major legends as such.
Our country is on several plates and is highly volcanic auckland the city I live in has about 50 volcanoes of its own.
The south island has a lot of earthquake activity to a few big ones hit not to long back and we are getting still some flack from that.
We have our share of museums and shopping malls, 2 of which are close to me, and one a bit further away.
We don't have any real huge train network as such a few busses and mostly cars and bikes.
For a city we are one of2 super citties and cost of living is really high we have  shortages of doctors and teachers and the res t of it.
Crimes we have a few, we also have poverty of some sort as well as generational povity which is no good to.
We have some crime but its not as bad as the us.
Unless you are of island race that is.
Oh yeah here is the rant.
Again it is my opinion, while we don't have religious nuts about as such we do have maoris about.
it always seems to be some gang or something crime related in the south of the city.
South auckland and west are whare all the maori dregs hang.
They are the poor places but also trouble.
Again while we do have some good representitives of the maori race there are many on drugs, that do not work and want handouts are greedy and just bring their race down. whenever there is some crime about its usually a maori that gets the blame, and while other races aisians etc do cause crimes the other non whities usually get it.
Saying that our country is free mostly and we have rights we don't have to much in the way of actual government issues, we have the councils of each city and the government in wellington the capital.
The government don't usually bother generally and spend most of the time fighting among themselves, or at least to me it looks like it.
Even with all the baggage we have our country is away from any nuke war, its mostly peacefull and its a good place to live as long as you don't anger the wrong people that is.
We are mostly a friendly lot, oh and if I have to say something positive about islanders, they are good with stone and construction of that type without them we wouldn't have any stone walls by our beaches.