Re: Christianity or Islam

Getting into this discussion is pointless for me, others have spoken their minds perfectly on this, particularly Ironcross, and it looks like we actually share "religious" beliefs if you can call it that. I'm not spiritual or believe in ghosts, but I have a sorta connection with the universe, putting mother nature and life above everything else. I don't worship or follow any scriptures, I don't go to religious gatherings but I do let my fundamental beliefs shine through when talking sometimes. My belief goes hand in hand with science, or as we know it, as Ethin put it "the magic of nature" (good album by the way).
For me a choice between christianity or islam seems like a very narrow one, seeing as they both are part of the abrahamic root. And why do you have to make a choice at all? If you believe in this single entity, do you really think it matters if you follow one book or the other? I say live life good, do good to others, and if you feel you need to worship a higher being, feel free to do so. Putting a title on your beliefs only strains what you *actually* believe in because you're having someone else tell it for you. If I was god, that would offend me more than you not picking a side at all.

Edit:
Especially for those that claim to have a personal connection with god; wonderful, so let that be your religion and your guidance in life. It's not that hard to set up a mini-altar in your home if you feel you need to bow before a piece of block. (I'm actually thinking of doing this for esthetic purposes but there's that issue of space)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BrendanGriesel1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector