Re: PayByChip marketplace

The problem I have with this Pay With Chip marketplace is that it sounds too good to be true.

It's a one man operation that basically just popped out of nowhere. Where is this guy getting the money to send out thousands of card readers? Where are the card readers even coming from? Are they trustworthy?

Even if he gets a commission for each purchase made from the marketplace, I highly doubt that would be enough to offset the cost of constantly stocking these things and not charging a fee for them.

Also, wouldn't he have to pay in order to use the API that the marketplace uses? That can't be cheap, especially if he intends to keep expanding the service.

I would hate for a bunch of people to come to rely on this, only to have it flop in a year or so due to lack of funds. I could see some blind people who aren't tech savvy completely depending on it, and we all know how resistant to change some people are. They would have to completely relearn how to use the shopping websites again.

I really like the idea, I just don't know how trustworthy it is, since I can't imagine these card readers are cheap, and besides, I really don't see how one person can keep up with a project this big. I don't think I would have alarm bells going off in my head if there was a fee to use the service, and if you  had to pay for the reader itself.