Re: Why most kids prefer and care about online games? A topic to discuss

True ZK, that and you tend to get updates faster because you can do more serverside.
Also, with stuff like SBYW or RTR, the community can expand the game not only via suggestions but first hand by making new maps, and it gives you a cool insight into someone else's creative mind, especially when you can then chat with them about it.
Not to mention that when teamplay does actually work, and your not just creaming some newbie again and again, it's really  satisfying and makes awesome recordings.
Also, you get to have personal interactions with non English speakers, even if you can't communicate, the sense of camaraderie is a great feeling!
I've had some of the most memorable moments of my life up to this point on multiplayer games, and like you and I think most of us, I've met some really interesting and likable people, even if most of them I didn't know for long.