Re: Any blind drummers?

Having played drums now for over twenty years, I will say that while I think at least being able to talk to other musicians in their language is important, being able to read notation is less so. Drumming is a little more forgiving in this regard provided you steer clear of malleted percussion. It will definitely be something you want to learn eventually, but I have found learning by ear is much more effective, and if you're just playing kit, reading multiple-lined notation is a real pain if you're trying to memorize something. It's easier to actually hear what you want.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector