Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

CX2, you basically said what I was thinking.

Addiction is bad. People can and do get addicted to religion, and that's still bad, God or not. But religion in and of itself is neither bad nor good. In that light it's like so many other things in the world.

I applaud you for having the strength to own a fatal flaw and to turn froom it. I hope you don't end up exchanging one for another, but the only way you'll find that out is hard experience. Let's hope it never comes to that.

I do want to respond to Phil though. I think the argument that not enough games will kill you is...kind of a stretch. If you don't eat, you die. If you don't play games sometimes, you may get bored, you may be stunted in some fashion, but you still live. Gaming is not, and will never be, a necessity for life; I suppose an argument can be made that having fun is a necessity for healthy living, and I'd probably agree with that, but beyond suggesting that fun should involve imagination, that's as far as I'd go.
I am reminded of a line from a rather good Metallica song that fairly sums up Bladestorm's situation regarding gaming: "One man's fun is another's hell".

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector