Re: Modern PCS breakout rewrite

To be honest guys now pcs games are being converted.
piter that game rocked by the way, I do want the shooting range it was about the only game I had managed to play to some extent in my dos system when in transition mode.
Gees, You know something guys, when tom ward first put out that we should have games converted, I thought especially since I was a dos pureist, I don't really care for this.
Piter, as for dos, why freedos exactly?
My reason is this.
I do have somewhere images of dos 6.22 hanging round, you can emulate a 386 sx unit with 4mb ram maybe 8 or 12 or whatever with mono or basic colour graphics and I'd be happy but I have no idea how to make these into well image files they are on source disks.
I do have a torrent of old operating systems, from demonoid, however to be honest those were one off the things that went in my last hard drive crash.
ms also had I think freely available to, the last dos 7.10 from windows 98 as freew are, however, dos over 6.22 bar fat32 support had the issue that ms were already cutting out a lot of the bits and bobs in the os.
I can help you with games more importantly a few extras depending on the bios you could emulate.
The specs I had were 4mb ram 386sx mono screen with optional colour.
My box could go to 12mb of ram if expanded I had 80mb of hard drive space, fat 16 drives can be up to 2gb of disk space before having to go to fat 32.
there are a lot of sites supposed to host dos 7.1 on them
http://www.syschat.com/download60.html&act=down
that's one of them its supposed to be virus free.
There was apparently an original site for this which had the original image and os.
Sadly, this has the full setup, Norton, and a whole of extra stuff, drivers, programs and utilities.
Now, after searching the Linux and other places I have found for old games an internet a rchive page of all of them.
and I have also found the old much loved especially in my university days disk imager rawwrite.
So if you want any of my disks that are not in the huge game list of stuff I put up on the audyssey list, in which I have quemm and other things, I will give you.
I can give you my collection of disks.
Though thinking of that now, I can probably give you my collection of disks that are including the bootable images of some of the dos and other things as soon as I can dig up my floppy drive that is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector