Re: Modern PCS breakout rewrite

@Pitermach, sounds nice, both the talking dos emulator and the convertions. As well as Phil's games, there are a number of other great dos titles kicking around, games like fallthru and drone, not to mention some more modern, console window efforts like world of legends and eamon deluxe, ---- though my only concern is, if the system is using a dos screen reader voice, how does it sound? I know a lot of those old dos  voices were pretty robotic by modern standards and that would be a shame for such a richly described game as fallthru.

Getting back to breakout any thoughts on both your company/developer name, or on perhaps changing the breakout game as I said, plus how about stats?

@Phil, I did get how the sounds work, but I found that I wasn't always absolutely certain when I missed or which column I hit, which is why some tracking stats would be nice, to get an idea of how I was performing and thus improve my playing style.

As to the game, one sw itch control  is no bad thing it is true, my one issue is that as I said sinse the bat and ball were so integral to the original   breakout, remove them and you have a different game which is why I wondered if it needs a name change.

Also, I have to beg to differ on the "not possible in audio" for the bat and bouncing ball, although Gamevial's Rebound is the only really successful example I know (ken downy's wrecking ball had possibilities but was a little too chaotic with it's huge number of keyboard keys and complex bat control).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector