Re: Modern PCS breakout rewrite

Pitermach,
The original PCS Breakout used 8 bit 22k sound files.
Some modern sound cards will not play 8 bit sounds.
I use Gold Wave for converting them to 16 bit. I also try to find the original sounds such as the Breakout theme song which is a 16 second edited version of the Seinfeld TV show theme.
You can grab it at,
http://www.pcsgames.net/BreakOutTheme.wav
In the game we played bo1000.wav that had a voice over saying the game credits, and bot.wav at the end with out the voice-over.
  I think because of the difference in game play we called it PCS Breakout rather than just Breakout but most people were happy to play the game even with the different game mechanics.
Later on we developed pcs space invaders which required you to move left and right and shoot the moving invaders, an action just like the one in the original Breakout.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector