Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

Dingo? bingo! Now the thingo! (sorry just had to).

I'm pleased to say the problem is now fixed and I got speech, it even seems the toke library does support supernova which is cool. I definitely like the idea of the circle and the use of different footstep sounds, I also did like the use of sterrio to show where on the outer circle you happened to be, though I assume in the main game the circles will be much bigger (especially further on). The only things i will say is it would be nice to lower the door sound to show a door that is south of you, particularly when going round the circle, a "have I visited before key" will also be needed I think to help you tell which passages you have been down and which not.

I'm also pleased to say the descriptions of the arched rooms were read out fine too, though by the time we get to longer and more cosmetic descriptions we might be in need of a "repeat description" key as well.

There were only t wo slight technical hickups. Firstly, I didn't seem to be able to change from screen reader to sapi during the game. the only two items on the menu were "exit" and "start"  whether i hit arrows or enter. I did test the game with sapi by exiting supernova, and it ran just the ssame, but if there was a way to change in game I must've missed it.

Second, I noticed that when i tried to run the fresh installer I was given a "please uninstall the previous version" message. not an issue, however I can see that being fun when there are save files and scores and what not.

Btw, the Entombed mailing list is still up, albeit it hasn't been very active for a while, and obviously people there would definitely appreciate knowing about the gamee.

so, Entombed! Arch hunter worked fine, and I'm very eager to see what comes next.