On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 17:43 -0700, kronos wrote:
> earthbased Wrote: 
> > Get a Kuro Box.  It uses 17W power and is very quiet.
> thanks for the tip Dan, do i take your reply as a NO to my 1 - question

I'm not Dan, but part of the confusion may be that you asked if you
need "a PC" and the answer is either "no, a Kuro box will work" or

"define what is a PC" since what you really need is a computer running
a supported operating system. The box doesn't need a powerful CPU
and nearly any modern OS is supported. Win XP, 2K, Mac OS9 & 10, Any
Linux, etc. 

People talk about running the SlimServer on Tivos.
Or on NAS boxes, which are supposed to only have disks,
but actually have a CPU and linux in addition to the disks.

The SlimServer must run on a computer. Not much of a computer, I bet
someone has hacked a Xbox to run it.

I ran mine for over a year on a free PC that a buddy gave me, stuck
down in the basement so I didn;'t have to hear its fans


-- 
Pat                             
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html


_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to