Although I don't own a high-end DAC, I'll offer my opinions on your 2nd
question.  I have an MSB LinkDAC III which I think is very good for the
price.  I consider it entry level audiophile along with the rest of my
stereo setup.

To my ears, the analog outputs of the SB2 can't compare to its digital
output + external DAC.  To me, the difference is very significant and
doesn't even require blind testing.  In my opinion, for the SB2 to be
in a high end setup, an external DAC is a must.  Others will probably
disagree but this subjective anyway.  Everyone has different equipment,
listening environments, preferences, and ears.

Still, I think the SB2's internal DAC and analog outputs are very good
considering the price of the whole unit.  I have my SB2 connected via
analog to an integrated amp and I think it works quite well.

What amazes me though is how well the SB2 works as a digital transport.
To me, there's no noticeable difference between the SB2 (with the
digital output bypassing volume control) and my CD changer when both
are connected to the external DAC.


-- 
Aylwin
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to