I think the facts are with the majority's side. My experience of blind
listening was educational and humbling! However, there is a bit of
glibness going on I feel because I wager none of us listened blind when
choosing our loudspeakers.

Now, the traditional excuse is that the differences between loudspeakers
are much greater than sources. This is measurably and patently true.

However, several blind loudspeaker shootouts have demonstrated listeners
cannot even distinguish between loudspeakers.

So perhaps the reason we feel it's less important to listen blind to
loudspeakers is the slightly less rational reason that it's difficult!

Be careful not to cut down the branch you sit on.

I am not too sure blind tests really prove anything. They just highlight
probabilities and perhaps help us put things in perspective and impart
some humility, if we're lucky.

As an aside directed at non-one, interesting that it's not the Placebo
Delusion or Placebo Mirage but the Placebo EFFECT. For it does have real
effects. Forget about hearing better sound, such effects can include
healing genuine sickness! The mind and body are a wonderful thing.
Darren

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2