This Regen mesurement thread nicely shows how parts of the busines
work.
I quote a post by BE718 at WBF:
So what you are saying Bob is that we should ignore the very real
measureable noise the regen created. We should ignore the very real and
measureable RF noise spuing from the switch mode power supply. We should
ignore that myself and Amir both found no real subjective improvements.
We should ignore the fact that no-one, not even the designers have been
able to measure any improvement.

However because a few say they think it's better, it therefore must be
better...........OK :)

EXACTLY! There are people working hard with many posts on different
forums only to keep that message of the last sentense alive to make
sense out of their own products ;)

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers