Hi,

Filho de outro MEANS sono f another man named de same way as his son. So
father and son had the same name!

eliseu

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] Em nome de
Margaret Vicente
Enviada: sábado, 17 de Abril de 2010 22:40
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sao Jorge research

I Cheri and Celeste,

The translation reads somewhat differently, and if I may, "filho d'outro"
literally means "son of another" which indicates Jorge Machado Dias was of
"Unkown/incognito" or "known" but not declared father or simply son of
single Mother.

"Manoel son of Jorge Machado Dias, "son of another and of Maria Florinda da
Silveira", already deceased and, of his wife Maria do Espirito Santo
daughter of Manoel Silveira Pereira and of Barbara Silveira, already
deceased"

Margaret Vicente