Pedrazo = Pedroso



________________________________
De: celeste perry <[email protected]>
Para: [email protected]
Enviadas: Sábado, 17 de Abril de 2010 19:46:08
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sao Jorge research


Thanks for your input about this record.  I am really glad it is not the record 
for the John M. Machado Deniz for which I am searching.  This one seems to be 
more complicated than I can figure out.  
 
In any case, I will continue to try to find out where John was born and 
hopefully will have the same good results I am having with his wife who I have 
found WAS born in Rosais, Sao Jorge.  I do not have any information at this 
time indicating that John was also from Rosais, or even Sao Jorge.  Only have 
census records for his children which state their father was born in the 
Azores.  
Celeste, Hayward, CA

Celeste Perry [email protected]

--- On Sat, 4/17/10, Margaret Vicente <[email protected]> wrote:


>From: Margaret Vicente <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sao Jorge research
>To: [email protected]
>Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 3:40 PM
>
>
>I Cheri and Celeste,
>
>
>
>The translation reads somewhat differently, and if I may, "filho d'outro" 
>literally means "son of another" which indicates Jorge Machado Dias was of 
>"Unkown/incognito" or "known" but not declared father or simply son of single 
>Mother.
>
>
>"Manoel son of Jorge Machado Dias, "son of another and of Maria Florinda da 
>Silveira", already deceased and, of his wife Maria do Espirito Santo daughter 
>of Manoel Silveira Pereira and of Barbara Silveira, already deceased"
>
>
>Margaret Vicente
>
>
>
>On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM, celeste perry <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>Thank you, again, Cheri.  I am going to set this one aside until I have more 
>concrete information for John M. Machado Deniz.  The "Machado Deniz" caught my 
>attention; however, that may just be a fluke.  I am working on trying to get 
>more info from the fraternal society to which he belonged, according to his 
>granddaughter.  
>> 
>>Celeste, Hayward, CA
>>
>>Celeste Perry [email protected]
>>
>>--- On Sat, 4/17/10, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>From: Cheri Mello <[email protected]>
>>>Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Sao Jorge research
>>>To: [email protected]
>>>Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 11:25 AM
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Full transciption (some of it is faded).
>>>1) Manoel, son of Jorge
>>>2) Machado Diniz, son of the same name, and of
>>>3) Maria Florinda (?) da Silveira, already both dead (hyphenated)
>>>4) dead, and of his wife, Maria do Es-
>>>5) prirto Santo, daughter of Manoel Silveira 
>>>6) Pereira and of Barbara Silveira, already both dead (hyphenated)
>>>7) dead, natives of (faded here; doesn't follow wording of next doc) ....
>>>8) (faded) freguesia of Ribeira Seca
>>>9) that (faded) living in this
>>>10) place of Manadas, parish of
>>>11) Santa Barbara, something and Coun-
>>>12) cil of the Vila of Velas, island of Sao Jorge (hyphenated)
>>>13) Jorge; he was born on the day 30 of May
>>>14) of the 30, I meant to say the 25 of
>>>15) July, was baptized something (priest's name?)
>>>16) something.  For godparents Manoel
>>>17) Fidrazo? Pedrazo? de Borba and Izabel Delfina de
>>>18) S. something, both single, both natives of 
>>>19) Biscoitos of
>>> Calheta, and freguesia some-
>>>20) thing Parish of Manadenzel? (I thought this was Manadas)
>>>21) I think he's babbling about the priest here
>>>22) and here
>>>23) year of birth? of the baptism
>>>24) one thousand eight hundred seventy and seven.
>>>
>>>Someone really needed to water down the vinho for him!
>>>
>>>Cheri Mello
>>>Listowner, Azores-Gen
>>>Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, 
>>>Achada
>>> -- 
>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>>>[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
>>>they arrive.
>>>For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>>>(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
>>>that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 
>>
>>-- 
>>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>>[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
>>they arrive.
>>For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>>(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>>http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
>>that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
>-- 
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
>they arrive.
>For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
>that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."


      

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to