Eric, 
 
St. Joseph's in Hayward is actually Mount St. Joseph's. It's located at the
1000 block of Walpert Street, Hayward. It is owned and over seen by All
Saints Catholic Church, 22824 Second St., Hayward 510.581.2570. If you want
to go to the cemetary, you'll need to contact them first as the cemetery is
kept locked.
 
I'm curious about your Sao Miguel relatives. I also have ancestors that came
from Sao Miguel to Hawaii and some of them are buried at St. Joseph's.
Manuel (1850 -1933) and Maria Pereira (1954 - 1933) for one. Any possible
connection?
 
Thank you
 
Jacki
Pittsburg, California, USA
Researching: Medeiros, Fernandes, Pacheco, Machado, Periera, Azevedo,
Furtado, Rapoza
Islands: Faial & Sao Miguel
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Cheri Mello
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 10.44 AM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] St. Joseph Cemetery in Hayward, CA


Repost for Eric Gomes at gomes.ancestry at gmail.com



Hi all,

I have belonged to the group for about two months... And I have been 
reading the messages to try and understand the format before I send 
out my first reply/email/message... In otherwords I have a lot of 
questions etc., because my Azorean/Sao Miguel tree goes back three or 
four generation to the point that we know which boat most of my gg- 
grandparents travelled to Hawaii on.

I am going to start with a question to Celeste. In the message below 
you mention the St. Joseph cemetery in Hayward. Where is that 
located?? I grew up in Hayward (and now live in Castro Valley)

Thanks,

Eric Gomes

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to