Actually, I was just wondering where the cemetery was in Hayward and I actually forgot about that cemetery on Walpert. =)
I don't have any family buried there. All of my immigrant ancestors from Portugal are burried either at Holy Sepulchre in Hayward or St. Mary's in Oakland. I have one great grandfather, Manuel Rodrigues who passed away in 1928 in Oakland, CA that I have yet to find the gravesite. In regards to my family travelling from the Azores... to Hawaii. Gomes Side of the family: My g-grandparents Manuel Gomes (b: 17 Nov 1883, d: 29 Jan 1952) and Mary Jose de Souza (b: 15 Sep 1885, d: 6 Jul 1966) were married in the Azores in 1904. My g-grandparents and my great-uncle Manuel Gomes (b: 5 Dec 1904 d: 20 Apr 1983) travelled to Honolulu arriving in December of 1906. Seven of my great-uncles and a great-aunt were born in Hawaii and in 1920, the family emigrated to Oakland, CA where my grandfather was born in 1924 or 1925. All but one or two of the children from this family are buried at Holy Sepulchre in Hayward. About a year ago, I found one of the regional Archive websites in the Azores that allowed me to trace back to my gg-grandparents (Gomes Family) but I just have names written down somewhere... nothing else. Rodrigues Side of the family: My g-grandfather Joaquin Rodrigues (b: 1 Dec 1897 d: 6 Apr 1978) was born in Hawaii and his wife, Mary Anna (Marianna) Cabral (b: 9 Apr 1900 d: 25 May 1966) was born in Hilo, Hawaii. Each of their parents emigrated from Portugal prior to their births and very little is known about their travels because I have not learned how to research this information that occurred prior to Hawaii becoming a territory of the US in about 1906. I do know that this family travelled to Oakland, CA in about 1906. I believe that Manuel Rodrigues and Mary Agrella, my gg-grandparents were both born in Sao Miguel, Azores. I also know that Manuel Cabral (b: about 1871 d: 24 Apr 1925, Oakland, CA) and his wife, Mary Isabell Linhares (b: 8 Nov 1875 d: 13 Sep 1947) were also born in Sao Miguel, Azores. However, I do not have any information for them in regards to their travel to Hawaii. In regards to all the immigrant g-grandparents and gg-grandparents I don't have much information from when they were in the Azores. Eric On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Eugenia <[email protected]> wrote: > I have relatives that are buried at Mount Saint Joseph Cemetery. > Below is additional information about the cemetery that I think some > of the information will be use for to you. > Eugenia > > Mount Saint Joseph Cemetery > Web site: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=7835 > This web site has photos. > Also known as: All Saints Cemetery, Portuguese Cemetery > 1000 block of Walpert Street > Hayward > Alameda County > California USA > Postal Code: 94541 > http://www.myallsaints.org > > Cemetery notes and/or description: > Owned and operated by: > All Saints Catholic Church > 22824 Second Street > Hayward, CA 94541 > (510) 581-2570 > [email protected] > > MOUNT ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY, ALAMEDA CO., CA > Walpert Street > Hayward, CA > > Founded 1875. The following list of names, dates, and text is compiled > from the visible grave markers on and around Mount St. Joseph > Cemetery. > > Many of the markers are in Portuguese, every effort has been made to > accurately transcribe the information and preserve the spelling as > contained on the original marker. > > List of graves: > Web Site: > http://files.usgwarchives.net/ca/alameda/cemeteries/mtstjoseph.txt > > Also > > Mount Saint Joseph Cemetery > (aka All Saints Cemetery) > Walpert St. (at Marchand Court) > Hayward, CA > 37 40 03 N > 122 04 31 W > http://www.sfgenealogy.com/alameda/alcemetery.htm#mountsaintjoseph > > > > -- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<azores%[email protected]>. > Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. > For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail > (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the > right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my > membership." > -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

