Nancy Jean,

It says he parents are parishoners of this church and naturals of this
matrix of Velas island of S. Jorge.

Also since her parents marriage record you found is in Velas, I would
search birth records as of the marriage date.  I did find a Mariana
born within your Mariana Clara's 26 age (1975/1976) Mother Isabel
Miranda and of incognito father.  Which should not be discarded as a
possibility. This would prompt me to trace Isabel's birth record to
see if Miranda is her family name.

My gggm born in Sao Jorge, Calheta of Incognito father married in Sao
Miguel, with the marriage record stating she was the daughter of
Antonio Jose de Miranda of Graciosa, NS da Luz.  Thus the possibility
the father was incognito at time of birth and then perhaps reconciled,
married and assumed the child.

Good Luck.

Margaret