Hi David, the record reads pretty much as Margaret translated, with a few
variations - namely, the bride's parents' names are "Belchior" Fernandes and
Ana Jorge (substantiated in the Carlos Machado manuscripts). The translated CM
manuscripts also list Maria Franco as their daughter, and, goes on to list a
couple of generations of her, and, Belchior Baldaia's, descendants.

For  Belchior Baldaia Rego, the CM manuscripts also list seven generations of
Baldeia Rego ancestors with a lineage that dates back to Diogo Pires Rego b.
abt 1380. I have a concern about this lineage, however, in that the marriage
record lists Belchior's parents as Joam Baldaia & Clara de Vasconcellos - and
Belchior's birthplace as Fenais d'Ajuda, while the CM manuscripts list his
parents as Capitao Gaspar Baldaia Rego & Clara Vasconcelos - and his birthplace
as Fenais da Luz. It is possible that the priest got Belchior's father's name
wrong, and his place of birth, but I'm not convinced of that. So, we will have
to consult with George Pacheco, since it is his version of the CM manuscripts
that I am using.

As the instant marriage which also mentions his wife Ana Jorge, the DoM as 25
Jun 1591 @ Nossa Senhora do Rosario, Lagoa ; It also lists a daughter for this
couple named Maria Franco