Hello:
 
During the recent $99 Family Finder sale I finally broke down and purchased the 
test on the last day of the sale !
 
I understand from monitoring this site I should not expect any  results until 
October or later.  No complaint ! 
 
However, I have been using this as an excuse, along with my computer melt-down 
and I was forced to buy a new computer  which came through with Windows 8 which 
will not support my Family Tree Maker version 5, not to send my Gedcom  .  The 
original Borderbond  Family Tree was purchased in '08 by Ancestry which will 
only support version 8 (of FTM) or newer so I have had to upgrade to Ancestry's 
version 12 which is a completely new and totally different program !    I find 
the transition to the new systems, windows and procedures difficult to use.  
Things I use to know what and how to do, like how to create and send a Gedcom, 
I can not even find on the new system although I am sure it must be there, some 
where ? !  
 
If some one else has encountered this problem and found the solution and would 
be able to sent an out line of "how to" make and send a Gedcom in Ancestry's 
version 12 of Family tree, I would be most grateful, and I would send  mine to 
who is designated as soon as I have mastered the task.
 
Thanks in advance 
 
Ralph E. Sellars, Jr.  
E-Mail [email protected] 
 
 

________________________________
 From: Cheri Mello <[email protected]>
To: Azores Genealogy <[email protected]> 
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:20 AM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Tree DNA will give you a $10 off if you 
upload your Gedcom
  


For those who have tested with Family Tree DNA and not yet uploaded their 
Gedcom, FTDNA will give you a $10 off coupon towards the purchase of a future 
test (or upgrade) if you upload your Gedcom.  They must have heard us admins 
complain about the lack of Gedcoms, so they have resorted to bribery!  LOL

Please upload your Gedcom if you have not done so!


-- 
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, 
Achada 
-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to