Manoel,

Actually, you can fix it from your side before uploading it to FTDNA.. My 
GEDCOM has the proper '~' above my name. Same with 'António', etc.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe I opened it in Notepad++ and 
converted it to UTF-8 before uploading it. Check if your program can export 
to UTF-8 format.

João Ventura

On Friday, September 27, 2013 1:48:53 AM UTC+2, mances wrote:
>
> Cheri,
>
> I just uploaded my gedcom to FF but their website still has that old 
> problem with the portuguese diacritical marks.
>
> I wrote to the FTDna hoping they can fix it.
>
> Manoel
>
>
> Em quinta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2013 02h20min22s UTC-3, Cheri Mello 
> escreveu:
>>
>> For those who have tested with Family Tree DNA and not yet uploaded their 
>> Gedcom, FTDNA will give you a $10 off coupon towards the purchase of a 
>> future test (or upgrade) if you upload your Gedcom.  They must have heard 
>> us admins complain about the lack of Gedcoms, so they have resorted to 
>> bribery!  LOL
>>
>> Please upload your Gedcom if you have not done so!
>>
>> -- 
>> Cheri Mello
>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
>> Tainhas, Achada 
>>
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to