( http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel )

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de Dano
Enviada: segunda-feira, 11 de Agosto de 2014 16:54
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Assunto: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Abreviation list

Neither of these lists works for me, Cheri. Eliseu's list differs from the
abbreviations I've come across in my research. I'm not sure from what source
Mr. Ramos is getting his information, but, there are several inconsistencies in
his list from what I have found in my research, eg... Agostino (should be
Agostinho) & it does reflect the "ho" in the abbreviation - on the other hand,
he lists the month of August as Agusto (should be Agosto) - there are other
misspellings, as well, which I won't go into detail here and now. As for the
abbreviations, their accuracy can only be substantiated by the actual documents
they were taken from - which, as we have all found in our research, vary with
the scribe who is producing the record.