After I requested an index search, I got a C-File number.  Then I sent them
G-1041a with the C-File number filled in on page 2.  Now that I have the
Certificate, I see that the C-File number and the certificate number are
the *same*.  The Declaration (12 June 1924) and Petition (1 July 1927) have
similar information on them, but as was mentioned earlier, there may some
changes in information if it takes time to complete the process.