I suspect his father would be pai incognito if you can't find him. He may even be an exposto.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
www.dholmes.com


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Howland
From: "'Gayle Machado' via Azores Genealogy" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, October 07, 2014 10:39 pm
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

George,

Do you have access to Ancestry ? There are some records pertaining to Captain William Roberto Garcia Howland and his wife Sarah A. Simmonds. Also, if I remember correctly you live in New England, so you are probably aware that Howland is a Mayflower name. You can check with the Pilgrim John Howland Society or The New England Historic and Genealogical Society to see if they have the answer. 

Sorry, I can't be of more help. But, if you ever connect to John Howland, then I'd be interested. I descend from him through his daughter Desire. 

Gayle

On Oct 7, 2014, at 9:49 PM, George Pacheco <[email protected]> wrote:

Has anyone heard the name William Robert Garcia Howland born 1820 ain Faial I have looked in all 13 villages and did not find a baptism vote for him yet his citizen papers say that he was born  in Faial
--
 

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to