I also did a search on Family Search.org which listed a person of that 
name, minus the "Garcia," christened in London, in 1860. His birthplace was 
given as the Isle of Man. Granted that this person could have been a 
relative, but it may have added more factual information that what has been 
revealed to date. Additionally, with all of the the varying dates, checking 
out the LDS films looks more viable. I mentioned it to George because I 
believe he still has access to the Dartmouth FHS, where the film collection 
includes all of the parishes in the Azores, including St. George Episcopal 
in S.Miguel.

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:24:49 PM UTC-4, Cheri Mello wrote:
>
> Dano,
>
> I've pulled a few records from California for George.  This Howland guy is 
> all over the place.  Depending on which source I look at, he could be born 
> 1830, 1825, 1822, 1828.  He seems to stick with 1825 throughout the 1880s, 
> but that doesn't make it the right date.  I think the guy was born sometime 
> in the 1820s and that's as good as that's gonna get until his baptism is 
> discovered.
>
> Someone is gonna need to test their DNA and then wait for significant 
> matches to come in.
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to