Hi Elaine, This record is for Francisca Rosa de Melo, as you noted, passport # 675 travelling with her children (named below) who are all natives of Sao Roque, Ponta Delgada. If your Maria de Lima is from Ribeira Quente, these are not your family.
The two (2) sisters you see, one is named Maria the other Maria do Carmo. The dot and bracket is an internal record keeping thing, not related to the family (s) in this case. Do you know the parents names for your Maria de Lima? On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Elaine Mello <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I've been going page by page from about 1904 onwards looking for my > parternal grandmather, Maria Lima. It's been great looking at these > records for those years from Porto Delgada, because whomever was writing > the logs had the clearest handwriting I've seen so far. I think I found > her, but they weren't listed as coming from Ribeira Quente. I'm assuming > this is a mistake, as they just did an ellipses from the person above them > rather than to write the correct town down. > > So on line 675 here: http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_ > digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1906-1907/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1906- > 1907_item1/P114.html > > I see the passport for Francisca Roza de Mello, whose parents were Manuel > de Mello Barboza and Maria Julia. > The next line down is a Maria da Lima, with her parents listed, Joao > Ignacio de Lima and Francisca Roza. > > The line after that is another Maria Lima, who would be the right age for > my grandmother, who was born in 1890. I can't read the middle name listed > there, and now there are two Marias there. Looking at my family tree, > Manuel had a brother Jose who also married a Francesca and their daughter > was Maria, but I thought she was the same age, and she would have been a de > Mello or Barboza, not a Lima. > > So is it possible that the first Maria was listed as my grandmother, but > would in fact be the cousin? > > And if this is the correct record, my grandmother would have had a little > brother, also named Joao? > > Thanks for you assistance! > > Elaine > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Azores Genealogy" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores. > -- Margaret M Vicente -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

