Hi Elaine,

Maria de Lima, Maria do Carmo Luisa and Joao Inacio de Lima are brothers. 
Possibly children of the Francisca Rosa de Melo, daughetr of Manoel de Melo 
Barbosa e Maria Julia. And wife of Joao Inacio de Lima.
 Best regrads

Philippe Garnier
Paris - France

http://philippegarnier112.wixsite.com/familiasilhaterceira/copie-de-familias-da-ilha-terceira

Le vendredi 9 décembre 2016 14:03:54 UTC+1, Elaine Mello a écrit :
>
> Hi everyone,
>
>    I've been going page by page from about 1904 onwards looking for my 
> parternal grandmather, Maria Lima.   It's been great looking at these 
> records for those years from Porto Delgada, because whomever was writing 
> the logs had the clearest handwriting I've seen so far.  I think I found 
> her, but they weren't listed as coming from Ribeira Quente.  I'm assuming 
> this is a mistake, as they just did an ellipses from the person above them 
> rather than to write the correct town down.  
>
> So on line 675 here:  
> http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1906-1907/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1906-1907_item1/P114.html
>
> I see the passport for Francisca Roza de Mello, whose parents were Manuel 
> de Mello Barboza and Maria Julia.
> The next line down is a Maria da Lima, with her parents listed, Joao 
> Ignacio de Lima and Francisca Roza.
>
> The line after that is another Maria Lima, who would be the right age for 
> my grandmother, who was born in 1890.  I can't read the middle name listed 
> there, and now there are two Marias there.  Looking at my family tree, 
> Manuel had a brother Jose who also married a Francesca and their daughter 
> was Maria, but I thought she was the same age, and she would have been a de 
> Mello or Barboza, not a Lima.  
>
> So is it possible that the first Maria was listed as my grandmother, but 
> would in fact be the cousin?    
>
> And if this is the correct record, my grandmother would have had a little 
> brother, also named Joao?
>
> Thanks for you assistance!
>
> Elaine
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to