Hi Mara,

  Francesca would be Maria's mother, which is why I identified this record 
as possibly being them, since the ages match up for both Maria and her 
mother.  I wasn't aware of a sibling, but it looks like there was at least 
one Joao, so I will go back into the birth records to see if I can find 
him.  I'm not sure if his age is 12 or 14 there, but it's somewhere there. 
 As Francesca's husband (Joao Ignacio Lima) is not listed,I went back and 
it looks like he came over May 6th of that same year (found via NY 
passenger records) and they came over in July. 

   The other Maria who was 20 is the one that must be a relative on the 
Lima side, I guess, if it wasn't a mistake that was made in the records.

Elaine 

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 11:44:49 AM UTC-5, Mara wrote:
>
> Hi Elaine,
>
> This record is for Francisca Rosa de Melo, as you noted, passport # 675 
> travelling with her children (named below) who are all natives of Sao 
> Roque, Ponta Delgada.  If your Maria de Lima is from Ribeira Quente, these 
> are not your family.
>
> The two (2) sisters you see, one is named Maria the other Maria do Carmo.
>
> The dot and bracket is an internal record keeping thing, not related to 
> the family (s) in this case. 
>
> Do you know the parents names for your Maria de Lima?
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to